Saturday, November 05, 2005

Surviving It

Well, I survived an unplanned 5K. Back on Wednesday M. reminded me about the Pipestem Pumpkin Run and said that A. was considering doing the 5k walk. I haven't been walking at all lately, but I usually do hills when I am active. A. has been walking on a treadmill quite a bit, but not hills. I figured we would be a great pair out there on the course. Well, I am not sure if I was much help to her, but I know she helped me keep moving. We kept up pretty well with a couple of other women on the course, a man passed us, but he had a young German Shepherd towing him along, I told him I needed a sled dog too. HA We finished in 47 minutes and 19 seconds. Good enough for 6th and 7th place trophies for the walk division. Not horrible or in last place.



High points: We made it to the halfway turn around before the 10k runners caught us and the finish line before M. finished his 10k, only 70 seconds later and 2nd in this age group. Their kids ran in the fun run too, so everyone went home with a prize.
Low points: I was totally wiped out when I got home. More preparation is definately an asset to competition. I sat on the porch with the dogs for a little while and thought about curling up to take a nap right there, but figured Billy would think I had fainted and freak out, so I went in the house and landed on the couch for a while.
It was all worth the effort though and I hope to keep moving. Half of my closet is waiting for me to drop a few pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment