I finally got started on the Birth Announcement.
Can you tell what pattern it is yet?
I know, probably not and since this is a gift that is the secret for a while.
I am sure some of you CCS fans out there can see where I have already done some "frogging" (rip it, rip it out). I got started and then realized I needed to move the whole thing to the left five spaces.
The pattern is intended for 28 count Monaco 2 over 2. I had a package of 12x18 Charles Craft 22 count Hardanger in my stash and figured I could make it work. Then I did the graph on and realized the fabric was pretty small, but since I will be attaching another fabric to the edges anyway to make the album cover I don't need extra space for framing.
Then I got started and after the first section was done realized I had measured out 101 stitches instead of 111 and since my sides are so tight, I decided to move everything to the left a bit.
This is what I meant by album cover. I have shown it before, but I am really happy with it.
On this album I attached the pattern to a denim type fabric "pocket" that slides over an expandable photo album. I thought it might make a much longer lasting memento as it can be filled with pictures over time instead of just hanging on the wall.
So that is my project as of today. I will post updates and hope to be quick about it. July is coming soon!