Sunday, February 27, 2011

Signs of Spring

It was beautiful out today so I went out looking for signs of spring.
The first thing I found was this very pale crocus mixed in with leaves for hyacinths and tulips. 

Then I found some chrysanthemums starting to green up. 

The daffodils are thick again. I separated them a couple of years ago. There are a bunch of tulips in this bed too. We shall see if they survived the moles and squirrels.

Then I got busy and cleaned out the front flower bed. Mostly anyway. 
The mums are growing and the peonies are peeking out of the ground.

FabHub has been busy too.
He is getting ready to change this road up to the barn so he had to clean all of his "stuff" out of the hole on the left there next to the garage.

Somehow it all ended up on the trailer and on the end of my garden. 
He said he needed an out of the way flat spot. 
I said that spot didn't need to be any flatter.
 I lost.
Then he got to work fixing a round bale feeder that the cows had torn up.
Did you notice Old Blue is back?!
Ok, you probably didn't know it was gone.
After FabHub bought his new truck, the BIL's truck had a major problem.
Since Old Blue is still road worthy they traded farm trucks for a while so that BIL could still get to work.
He got his new truck now so the beast is back.
That's all the farm news for now. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment