Sunday, February 27, 2011

Crafting My Time

Yikes! Yes I need to use the daylight lamp when taking pictures.
This is the restart of the birth announcement for the second child of K and S. 
I didn't like the original fabric so I started over.
We should find out if this is for a niece or a nephew this week.
I can't wait!
This is my other project.
It is a Heaven and Earth Design called Faux Fabulous.
It isn't a full wall-to-wall design like a lot of the HAEDs, but there are 89 colors and it will probably take me eight years to finish.
Just kidding. I hope.
It will be fun, I like funky frogs.
I basted and marked some points of reference to get started.
I will be starting the project on March 1st with a group of other stitchers from all around the world.
We are all planning on starting similar large projects at the same time.
Internet groups are great!
I have discovered new ways of stitching, new inspiration for projects, and lots of new fun people.
This is one of my new things. 
An ORT jar. 
Old Ratty Tails
Why go to all of the trouble of making little piles of thread tails on the arm of your chair when you can have a cool ORT jar to put them in.
I don't know for sure where I got this one, might have been part of FabHub's stash when we got married, but now it has a purpose.
I plan on putting the strings out for the birds.
They should make some colorful nests.
That is my craft update for the now. Later.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the final project!
    I have a jar similar to the one you are using...I stash buttons in it - like the ones that come attached to new clothing. Gram K always had a button jar, so years ago I decided to start one too!
    Happy Stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete