Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Day 8 Firecrackers and Fireworks

July 4th started and finished in Iowa. We are finally staying in one place for a few days.

It is 5k day! First thing in the morning we got up had to tell ourselves that running in the rain would not be so bad. It was pouring down rain when we left for Webster City and the Firecracker 5K. It was pouring down rain when we got to the registration site. It was pouring down rain when we walked to the start line. I don’t know if it was raining after that because I was too concerned with moving. I know we didn’t get over heated.

And yes I mean we, FabHub ran the race too. He took off at a nice 10 minute pace from the beginning. I have a 12 minute pace that seems to be stuck in my legs, so that is what I did. 29:48 and 36:35. We did well that day. There were 220 racers and for once I was not last and not even last for my age group! I need to run in bigger races! HA!
Doesn’t FabHub look proud of himself? And Soaked!
The rest of the day was pretty much made up of figuring out what projects the guys could get done, cooking out, and fireworks.
The Family before the fireworks got started.
It was dark so hard to focus, but there is Mom, Brother-in-Law, Sister, FabHub, and Brother.
Some of the displays photographed well.
This one looks like fish to us.
This one is sort of a ferris wheel.
A dandelion blowing in the wind.
That is it for today. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment