Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fixing the "New" Truck

Wow, that was odd.

I got my blogs backwards and posted this information to the other one. Might be a sign of something, not sure what, but probably something.

Anyway, Bill has been working on his truck and finally got it to a point I could take pictures. Unfortunatly, I decided to do this when it started raining, but that is a good thing. We have needed rain for about 2 months now. That explains the streaks in the picture anyway.

The flat bed went on pretty well. He cleaned up the frame of the truck and the new bed and then sprayed them with rubberized underbody paint.
He also removed the front bumper and straightened it out.
The roof of the cab had some rust and was actually leaking in a spot so he sanded that off and fixed it. Then he sanded a bunch of other rough spots and painted the whole thing a nice Wal-Mart blue. It could use another $4 coat of paint, but it looks better than it did with the blue camoflage mess he had.
This is just the beginning of the rain. We got about an inch the first day and it looks like we will get at least another inch today. It is supposed to rain tomorrow too I think.
The ponds were all just about empty. Our spring was the only reliable source of open water left on the property.
The wells have all been fine so that was good, but it is great to be getting some rain.
Have a great Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment